water-cooled condenser types
Commercial water-cooled condensers are of three basic types:
- Shell and coil water-cooled condenser: the shell condenser is a steel tank enclosing copper tubes inserted in the shell. As water flows through the tubing, it condenses hot gases into a fluid and the bottom part of the shell receives the fluid. The benefits of this type of separate condensers include compact design and elimination of fans. Since the coils are completely surrounded by a steel shell, the mechanical cleaning of such coils is almost impossible.
- Tube within a tube (double-tube) water-cooled condenser: the second type of these condensers is double-tube. One tube is put within another one in a way that water flowing through the inside tube cools the refrigerant in the outside tube. The construction of this condenser can be either in the cylindrical spiral or in the rectangular style.
- Shell and tube water-cooled condenser: shell and tube is the most common type of such condensers in chemical processing plants which consists of number of straight water tubes enclosed by a large cylindrical shell. Tube diameters of 15mm to 50mm are common, while the number of tubes in the condenser varies from as few as six or eight to as many as one thousand or more. The end-plates of the condenser are removable to allow mechanical cleaning of the water tubes.
Advantages of a Water-Cooled Condenser
- Where there is restriction for air-cooled condenser, water-cooled condenser is a perfect replacement.
- There is thermal energy recovery to be used in other heating processes.
- This type of condenser can be housed indoors.
- A water-cooled system typically lasts years longer, assuming maintenance is not neglected.
- It has higher heat transfer rate.
- It consumes far less overall energy, which can lead to savings on energy costs and consumption.
- It does not require any external power.
- Since water cooling is more efficient than air cooling, time required for cooling is less.
- Length of the condenser pipe is reduced which decreases the compressor work and thus increases its efficiency.
- With the incorporation of these condensers, the net weight of the system increases.
Disadvantages of a Water-Cooled Condenser
- Using water as a cooling medium might cause corrosion problem.
- Use of water as a cooling medium may result in the formation of scales in the supply line.
- Because of shortages of fresh water around the world, few countries can afford to run water to waste.
- Using water tank makes the system bulky which results in problem during domestic use.
Jiangsu Juding Environmental Protection and Energy-saving Equipment Manufacturing Co. , Ltd.
Jiangsu Juding Environmental Protection & Energy Saving Equipment Manufacturing Co., Ltd has a mature technology and complete product line, involving filtration, centrifugation, drying and crushing granulation and other products, the follow-up will be relying on its own technical strength, the introduction of more talents, and constantly develop new products, with more and better products and services to customers.
Jiangsu Juding Environmental Protection & Energy Saving Equipment Manufacturing Co., Ltd. production is efficient and durable, energy saving, the filter can be repeatedly used, safety, stability, corrosion resistance, full automation, has been successfully applied in pharmaceutical, chemical, vitamin C, glyphosate, desulfurization, environmental protection industry etc..
Jiangsu Juding Environmental Protection & Energy Saving Equipment Manufacturing Co., Ltd in line with the principle of quality first, to ensure the quality of each ex factory product, to win the credibility of quality, to win customers at the price, in good faith for development.
- Company Name: Jiangsu Juding Environmental Protection and Energy-saving Equipment Manufacturing Co. , Ltd.
- Representative: BAO JIANMING
- Product/Service: Horizontal Centrifuge Series , Vertical Centrifuge Series , Pressure Vessel Series , Filter Elements , Chemical Reactor , Dryer Equipment
- Capital (Million US $): 30Million
- Year Established: 2010
- Total Annual Sales Volume (Million US $): US$5 Million - US$10 Million
- Export Percentage: 41% - 50%
- Total Annual Purchase Volume (Million US $): US$10 Million - US$50 Million
- No. of Production Lines: 10
- No. of R&D Staff: 5 -10 People
- No. of QC Staff: 5 -10 People
- OEM Services Provided: yes
- Factory Size (Sq.meters): 3,000-5,000 square meters
- Factory Location: Xingye Road (Baxu Village), Chengnan Park, Jingjiang City, Jiangsu Province
- Contact Person: Ms. Rucy Bao
- Tel: 86-0523-89159688
Premium Related Products